Passione Beauty ESG Policy
Passione Beauty is a digitally native nailcare brand selling its products through proprietary e-commerce. With core leadership in Italy, we have expanded our distribution capabilities to other key EU countries thanks to our four subsidiaries located in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Spain.
At Passione Beauty, we are committed to conducting our business operations in a responsible and sustainable manner. In our effort to become a leader player in the e- commerce nailcare global market, we recognize that our actions have an impact on our society and on the environment. As a result, we work to be a responsible corporate citizen by minimizing our impact on the environment and fostering social well-being.
We put effort on carrying out our activities in line with our values, which are the foundation of our daily work:
- Passion: We are passionate about what we do
- Customer centric: Our DNA is centred around serving our customers in order to
deliver the best possible value to them
- Team spirit: We continuously foster the spread of a culture of teamwork, by constantly encouraging and supporting one another
- Creativity: We aim at offering creative solutions to our customers in order to foster customers’ retention
- Excellence: We pursue high level of excellence in our operations, putting effort in always meeting end exceeding customers’ expectations.
Though our ESG Policy, we aim at communicating to our stakeholders our commitments towards the promotion of a responsible performance of our business operations through the integration of sustainable practices and considerations in our day-to-day business activities.
Our ESG Policy is founded on four sustainability pillars, which have been defined based on the performance of a materiality analysis process, which was conducted using a double materiality perspective, as required by the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD):
- Our Responsible Business Management: adoption of an ethical attitude in the performance of our business activities and of the best practices to guarantee accountability and responsibility in both our clients’ relationships and supply chain management.
- Our People: definition of a diverse and inclusive corporate culture oriented towards attracting and retaining human resources and ensuring management of workplace safety in line with regulatory compliance.
- Our Products: ensuring the highest level of quality and safety standards and a continuous effort in promoting product innovation.
- Our Environmental Impact: promotion of practices and actions oriented towards reducing our environmental footprint.
The performance of the materiality analysis has led to the identification of our sustainability relevant topics and, consequently, of our priority areas on which directing our resources and effort.
Energy and GHG Emissions Management
We are committed to continuously improve our environmental impact along the entire value chain implementing initiatives to promote energy efficiency and consumption reduction and to decrease direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions.
Responsible Waste Management
We intend to promote a responsible waste management process that minimizes the amount of waste directed to landfill, through the promotion of initiatives aimed at reducing waste production and encouraging recycling.
To do so, we put efforts on raising awareness among our employees about the importance of protecting the environment by engaging with them on recycling practices.
People Attraction, Retention and Development
We have defined a process for the recruitment of qualified personnel, and we constantly promote a corporate culture that encourages continuous learning and skill development, empowerment, and involvement of employees in order to retain talented personnel and support the innovation process within the Group. We are committed to develop an employees’ training plan by mapping employees’ skills and training needs with the ultimate goal of strengthening their retention and motivation, as well as support their career growth.
Employees’ Health and Safety
Our priority is to provide a safe workplace for our employees, in full compliance with health and safety legislation and with adequate protective and preventive measures. Therefore, we ensure all workers are properly and regularly trained on health and safety and we are committed to ensure optimal management of workplace safety practices even beyond regulatory compliance.
Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
We are committed to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace, ensuring access to the same opportunities for all employees. Our Group offers equal possibilities to our employees regardless of gender, age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other attributes.
Responsible Business Management
We are committed to conduct our business operations with integrity and honesty, and we uphold high ethical standards in all our activities. We operate our business ethically and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
With the ultimate goal of formalizing a solid ethical structure, we adopted in 2021 an Organizational Model pursuant the Legislative Decree 231/2001 (231 Model), including a Code of Ethics and a whistleblowing system.
We promote trainings (e.g., 231 Model) and communication activities on the business ethics practices to employees to increase their awareness on the topic.
Responsible Supply Chain
We intend to foster a responsible management of our supply chain, by promoting the integration of ESG considerations in our sourcing process and actively engaging with our suppliers to ensure a continuous improvement of their environmental and social performance.
We are currently reviewing our suppliers’ selection criteria to include ESG related aspects (e.g., holding management system certifications, use of renewable/recycled sources as product components etc.).
Moreover, we promote a responsible management of suppliers’ relations to improve their environmental and social performance.
We are committed to create and maintain a long-lasting and trustworthy relationships with our customers by fostering an on-going communication and active engagement with them; simultaneously we intend to guarantee high level of data security, by putting effort in minimizing the risk of data breach.
Protecting the interests of our clients is at the centre of our business. We are aware that e-commerce activities expose clients to new threats. Therefore, we are committed to protect our clients through the management of risks related to the use of personally identifiable information and other data for secondary purposes, including marketing through affiliated and unaffiliated partners. We guarantee the security of online payments, assistance through a dedicated customer service and management of product feedbacks.
Product Quality and Safety
We are committed to offer products that meet regulatory requirements in terms of quality and safety, by carrying out quality checks (as texture, colour, etc.), which consist of testing and selecting formulations through a sample order before contracting a new supplier. Moreover, we ensure management of product recalls through the definition of a procedure for withdrawing products from the market and appropriate prevention measures.
Considering the product offerings, we provide a category of HEMA-FREE products, which are free of HEMA and Di-HEMA components that might lead to allergic responses.
Product Innovation and Sustainability
We are committed to respond to market’s demand for more sustainable products, and to meet evolving environmental and social regulations, through the incorporation of ESG considerations in products’ characteristics.
With the ultimate goal of minimizing the impact of packaging on our environment, we incentivize the use of recycled materials for both primary and secondary packaging.
In order to reduce the use of plastic, we have replaced the plastic packaging for some items with glass and we are evaluating the possibility to switching to a paper packaging for our single use products.
We will continue to increase the percentage of recycled and certified materials used in our primary and secondary packaging.
We intend to promote an efficient implementation of our ESG Policy by:
1. Providing adequate resources to ensure compliance with our ESG commitments.
2. Conducting regular reviews of our operations to identify opportunities for improvement.
3. Having appointed a person responsible for sustainability aspects (ESG Champion), including coordinating sustainability reporting, and monitoring the implementation of the Action Plan.
4. Providing training and awareness programs to employees and suppliers on our ESG Policy.
5. Communicating our ESG Policy and performance to stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and the public, also through our commitment to have an annual ESG report written in English and published on our website.
6. Incorporating our ESG objectives into our business strategy and decision-making processes, also including ESG related aspect in our Board agenda at least twice a year.
7. Incentivizing the management team towards ESG objectives, by linking a component of their compensation to the achievement of ESG targets.
8. Committing ourselves to the reach of ESG objectives by linking our debt to ESG KPIs.
For the development of our ESG Policy, we made reference to internationally recognized standards and guidelines, including the United Nations Global Compact, the International Labour Organization's Core Conventions, GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards, and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Passione Beauty’s material topics were identified through the performance of a materiality analysis conducted in accordance with the GRI Standards using a double materiality perspective as recommended by the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) and it consisted of the following four main phases:
- External context analysis
- Top Management involvement
- Engagement with key external stakeholders (investors)
- Definition of the materiality matrix
We regularly review and update our ESG Policy to ensure that it remains relevant and effective in addressing the ever-evolving challenges and opportunities facing our business and society, and we commit to regularly monitor our ESG performance accordingly.
Approval and Review
The ESG Policy has been approved by our Board of Directors on 15th May 2023, and will be reviewed on an annual basis, or more frequently if necessary due to changes in our business strategy, stakeholder priorities, or external regulatory requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that our ESG Policy remains aligned with our business objectives, stakeholder expectations, and global sustainability standards.
Therefore, we will regularly engage with our stakeholders to receive feedback and assess the effectiveness of our ESG Policy in addressing their concerns and expectations. We believe that this commitment to transparency, stakeholder engagement, and regular review and update of our ESG Policy will enable us to enhance our reputation, strengthen stakeholder trust, and achieve our sustainability goals.
To download the Report, click here: